What is the VLE?The Anglia Ruskin University VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) is an online learning platform that supports all taught modules.
It combines learning, teaching and assessment together with direct access to the Module Definition Form (MDF), module guide, lecture notes, discussion areas, collaborative tasks and reading lists. It is the principal form of asynchronous teaching delivery for all ARU Distance Learning Courses
How do I access VLE?You will need to log in to My.Anglia first using your student username and main account password. The link to the VLE is on the student My.Anglia page, under the large blue VLE icon.
Please note: On clicking the link it might ask you to login again. If this is the case you will need to use the format Anglia\xyz123 for your username.
How do I find my module information?After you log in, click the relevant link to your module. On the left-hand side you will (normally) see links to:
- Semester 1 or 2, Site - Latest updates and postings to the VLE content for the module.
- Content - Weekly guide to your module and additional materials and presentations.
- Documents - Module guide, reading lists, weekly breakdown of module notes, additional materials and presentations.
- Web links - Useful links provided by Module Tutor
- Announcements - Any specific messages from Module Tutor to class
- Calendar - Any specific dates that need to be brought to your attention
What if I'm unable to see my modules or access the VLE?If you are unable to access the VLE or see your modules, please consult the IT Problem Solver to assist with your query.
In some circumstances, specific VLE problems may need to be escalated to the relevant department to get your query resolved as soon as possible.
Find out MoreTo get more help with the VLE please take a look at these guides:
Accessing the VLE (.pdf)
Navigating the VLE (.pdf)
Creating Alerts on the VLE (student Guide) (.pdf)