Using your own device(s) at Anglia RuskinREMEMBER:
Students can connect to the wireless network at any time but entirely at their own risk.
When you connect you agree to the Anglia Ruskin University and JANET (the educational internet provider) Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP).
Back up your work on a regular basis.
Students are responsible for ensuring that their PCs are protected against viruses or other similar attack. Recommended packages can be found in our Software page. If you are unsure or need help then Contact Us.
INTERNET WIRELESS CONNECTION
Two wireless networks are available throughout our campuses at Cambridge, Chelmsford and Peterborough that will enable you to connect your laptop, phone etc to the University network and the Internet.
- Eduroam - Students should connect to this wireless network.
This is accessed using your Anglia Ruskin username and password in the format: -
- Anglia Ruskin Guest - This network is for use by individuals who are visiting our University on official business, attending a University event, or who are covered by the recognised Library Memberships.
Wi-fi access is not provided to members of the public or Library Reference users.
STUDENT ACCOMMODATION CONNECTION
Internet access within student accommodation is available by wired and wireless connection.
Details of this can be found in your Student Accommodation pack. This service is provided by Studentcom and any issues regarding connection should be directed to Studentcom on 6603 (Free from within campus accommodation) or 0844 943 1170.
Opening hours are:
PRINTING FROM YOUR LAPTOP
A wireless printing service is available for laptops.
- Navigate to https://print.anglia.ac.uk in your web browser and log in with your username and password
- Choose a file for upload and press Next
- Wait for your print job to be processed by the system - it will be displayed on the page when finished
- Click on the Advanced checkbox to select number of copies, double-sided or colour
- Click the Student-Printer button to submit your document for printing
- Follow the usual steps to release your print job by tapping your Ruskin card on any printer and selecting Print
You can access your Anglia Ruskin desktop and all its software on your own device. You can access it on campus over Anglia Ruskin WiFi or off campus over an Internet connection. It'll work just fine over a reasonable broadband or cable connection.
The University provides access to a range of service through a Mobile App. All students are strongly recommended to download this.