Booking a Study Room or Study PodYou can book a study room or pod at Cambridge or Chelmsford to study in.
- Click on Book a study room or Book a Study Pod (you will need your University Username & Password).
- Choose campus, date and time, add your contact details and click on the Book Room/Study Pod button.
- Choose an available room or pod and click the Book Room/Study Pod button. Check room availability at Cambridge, or Chelmsford (opens popup window), or pod availability at Cambridge, or Chelmsford (opens popup window)
- We then send an email to confirm your booking.
- For help booking please contact us.
To cancel a booking click on the link in the confirmation email and click Delete Booking. To check what you have booked please follow the link in your confirmation email.
- Some rooms contain computers or DVD playback equipment please check the details for the room on the website before booking.
- Some rooms have whiteboards, please bring your own marker pens.
- The cubby in the center of the study pod table has connections to display the image and sound from your laptop onto the large screen.
- There are headphone sockets around the edges of the study pod table for sound, please bring your own headphones.
- Rooms/pods are available on a first-come-first-served basis for group work.
- You can book for a two hour session per day, up to 2 weeks in advance.
- You can have up to 6 sessions in any two-week period.
- You can book a room or pod for immediate use if there is no prior booking at that time.
- Please report any faults in the study rooms or study pods at the Helpdesk.
- Please leave the study room or pod clear and tidy, and remember to take all your belongings with you. Unattended property may be removed.
- Please leave promptly at the end of your booked slot.
- Please save your work regularly. We reserve the right to log off a machine ready for the next booking.
- The study rooms are not soundproofed and you cannot lock them.
- As with the rest of the library no food is allowed in the study rooms or pods.
- Sleeping is not allowed.
- Damage, including graffiti, may be charged at the full cost of repairs.
Need a room/pod right now?There are 10 study rooms available at Chelmsford at 10:00. Book Now.
There are 6 study rooms available at Cambridge at 10:00. Book Now.
There are 4 study pods available on Chelmsford campus at 10:00. Book Now.
There are 4 study pods available on Cambridge campus at 10:00. Book Now.
You can also book a study room or pod for another day/time.