MissionDelivering an excellent, innovative and responsive library and information service, fully integrated within the life of our University community.
We achieve this by:
- Innovating, improving and extending the range of services and resources we deliver, exploiting the opportunities offered by emerging technologies
- Supporting students and staff to make the best use of library managed information resources and services and connecting them to other sources of information and university services
- Championing the delivery of information, academic, research and digital literacy skills
- Providing high quality, welcoming library spaces that meet the need for individual learning, research and collaborative study and that are safe and secure
- Engaging with our students and working closely with the wider academic community to ensure that needs and expectations are fully met
- Ensuring our staff have the skills, competencies and expertise to provide an effective service in a complex and changing environment
Our ValuesOur customers are central to everything we do:
- We will provide a welcoming and professional service that always exceeds expectations
- We will be positive about change, challenges, innovation and creativity
- We will achieve success through teamwork, collaboration and individual effort
- We will promote openness, integrity and fairness in everything we do
- We will ensure accessibility, equality and diversity in all of our services
- We will remain committed to investing in the development of our staff
Page Last Reviewed: 14th December 2017 by Margaret March.